Wednesday, 5 August 2015

I Am A Woman And This Is Serious!

I am a woman and...

I don't want to fight back if face-book or Instagram pulls down my photographs of stained bed sheets or shaved vaginas. I might, in the first place, never put it there. This doesn't make me submissive, but lets me have my part of privacy.



I am a woman and I will not walk naked on the streets only because men can do it too. Since the day I was born, I was fed and educated by people who were dressed, so I am like them now.



 

I am a woman and I was told not to remove my clothes and reveal my assets anywhere except the locked bathroom. I followed the directions all my life, what's so wrong in that? My brother was told the same.




I am a woman and I will never enter polygamy. Not because I feel I don't have the rights, but because I know I don't want them. Will it create history if a woman decides to stay with one man for all her life? 



 

I am a woman and I will not come out on the streets to say I'm on my periods. Not because I am 'down in enthusiasm or confidence', but because it is not as same as telling men about Brock Lesnar, Fast and Furious or Mathew McConaughey that'll appeal to them. Of course every man on Earth knows or will know about it. Why feel shame in not pinning a board on your terrace to tell people you are bleeding.


 

I am a woman and I have seen elders impose cultural and traditional 'not to do's' on me as well. But I choose not to slam them back with my conditional replies. Not because I don't want to be heard, but because it will never satisfy my ego on the whole or make me a day older than them.


 

I am a woman and I can work at home while my man is out working for us and our family. Not because I don't crave to work, but because his home needs me to be there. It has nothing to do with 'passion-killings'.


 

I am a woman and I do hate sometimes when there is no equal pay or opportunities like our male counterparts, but I am also sure there are things in which we are way up and I would never like to part ways with that, or come down to the level of men. And I am not sorry. I am a woman and I don't hate men.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time! Do leave a comment. :)